It doesn’t matter what stage of life you are in, what day it is, or what time of year, there will come a day when you need to whip together a little crafty-something. Whether kid costumer, quick grandma gift, or card for the mail lady, these Top Ten Crumbs of Must-Have Tools for Every Craft Box will make sure you aren’t panicking late into the night.
Tab’s Top Five Crumbs:
- Double-sided sticky tape. Not only great for quick cards or attaching pictures to a 10-year old’s science poster, but it even helps fix the binding on your child’s library book.
- Ruler. Because we need straight lines.
- Cardstock. Quick invitation to the kid you accidentally forgot to last-minute “dress as your favorite word day” costume (ahem, just stick it to the shirt and write “paper” on it. HAHAHA), this thicker paper gets you out of a lot of jams.
- Pom-pom maker. Knitting a hat? Stick a pom-pom on it. Cute decoration need? Make a pom-pom banner. Need your kids to zone out? Make them make pom-poms. It’s just a handy thing to have!
- Colored pencils. We use these for everything, all the time. Cards, crafts, letters, notes – you just never know when you need to color something in with fuchsia.
Cyn’s Top Five Crumbs:
- Hot Glue gun is a must. I’ve even used it to glue the sole of my show on!
- Good scissors. You know, the ones that actually cut and don’t have blunt ends.
- Pipe cleaners. One pack of white is sufficient. You can use the for attaching things to costumes, to wreaths, to other decorations, including ribbons to hair! They make great bug antennas for your kids head or school project too!
- A variety pack of wooden shapes and ornaments. Those and a pack of markers is a great activity for those I’m bored days.
- A skein of cheap yarn. The only time I would ever suggest cheap yarn, just saying. HA. You can string pasta, make pom poms, teach yourself how to crochet, make faux dreads, or add hair to the Halloween pumpkin!