2015 gave us PLENTY of time and motivation to test out numerous planner tools and accessories, what with all the trying-to-figure-out-what-works drama. We’re sharing what have been our favorites so far!
Tab’s Top Five Crumbs:
- FriXion Erasable Pens. These bad boys keep my planner looking neat and tidy, although I don’t use them as nearly as often as I should (I find that I go through pen phases throughout the year).
- Fun little stickers, like monsters or rabbits. Nothing fancy, but it’s enchanting to throw one in on a day or two. Brings a bit of a smile.
- Washie Tape. I’m not a crazy decorator, but I use them to indicate important events in my planner such as travel, major deadlines, etc. They stand out, making it impossible to miss.
- White Out Tape. Because I always make a mess (especially when I’m not in my erasable pen phase). My favorite is the Bic White Out Mini.
- Large post-it notes. I’ve taken to slapping one in the week’s view to track what I need when I run errands: white out, paper, groceries, library books, etc. When I head out the door, I just grab the post-it.
Cyn’s Top Five Crumbs:
- I only use Frixion erasable pens in my planners because I get distracted so easily and can erase and keep my planner neat (ish). I love how they write too, and I’m a pen snob.
- I tried the stamping and stickers. Too much work for something that is a work horse. I don’t need pretty, I need functional. The only decorative feature I do is I love my colored pens and wash on occasion.
- I can’t live without my white out tape either. I should buy it by the case. I don’t use it in my personal or business planner but Tabetha and I laugh so hard during our monthly planning meetings ,I need white out to keep my editorial calendar from looking like hell. I really need to pay better attention to what and where I’m writing! I buy the two pack by the dozen of Oops! at Staples.
- Binder Clips. I like to clip my pages. Yes, I do like fancy and colorful ones, ha! I also clip my dashboard to the week I’m on.
- My new dashboard pad/system. I think when this pad is done, I will create one that exactly fits my needs.